DWV pipe sounds (Was Re: Leviton Intellisense Vs Others)

"BruceR" <br@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

<stuff snipped>

>  As an off topic aside, another recommendation is to have the plumber
> use cast iron waste risers if it's a multi-level home. That way you
> won't hear a waterfall on the first floor when a second floor toilet is
> flushed. The cost is nominal to do it and you won't regret it.

Is that simply an issue of the thickness of the cast iron pipe deadening the
sound of the flush?  I wonder if you couldn't retrofit a pipe wrap around
the plastic waste pipe in a house that wasn't made cast iron waste risers.

One of the many interesting gotchas of new home construction techniques.
Have you discovered any others?

--
Bobby G.