Re: Basic setup for zoned listening

> Thanks for the replies Bill.  Yes, all I am wanting to do is be able to
> listen to the same audio in a choice of 2 rooms (or the room housing
> the PC).  So you say I will just need amplification then?

If it's truly just one source in two rooms you could get by using passive
volume controls in each room and a single amp.  Just make sure the volume
controls are suitable for the type of amp and speakers involved.  I don't
use passive setups so I'm not the person to ask for the details.  But the
basic idea is you have to make sure the load on the amp is controlled
properly so you don't ruin it and the speakers.