Re: Looking for Temp and humidity sensors

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 19:09:17 -0500, "Robert Green"
<ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> But despite whatever comp.home.automation's well-intentioned "brand
>> advocates" might lead folks to believe, the devices known in these parts
>> as Home Automation Controllers (Adicon Ocelot, HAI, Elks etc) are
>> mediocre or useless for general-purpose monitoring purposes for a
>> variety of reasons.
>
> Well, that's certainly an intriguing analysis.  I would imagine you'd get a
> lot of static with a comment like that were it not buried deep in reply like
> this!  <g>

Being among the more vociferous "advocates" here, I might have
objected... except he's right.  :^)

I happen to believe that the home automation controllers I offer
are useful and reasonably priced.  The ELK M1G, for example, does
a credible job of operating various systems and securing access
to a home.  It is NOT a data logger.  It can't collect streaming
data and perform actions based on historic information.  The same
is true of HAI and several other HA-related controllers I sell.

However, for the purposes of most home automators they do a
satisfactory job.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass