Bypass GFCI using Transceiver?

I've got some circuits that are protected by a GFCI outlet - which, after
doing some testing, seems to also mean that those circuits are protected
from receiving X10 signals.

(yes, I've tried the various other suggestions about things on the circuits
that can cause noise that can drown out X10 signals - at this point I've
pretty well convinced myself it's the GFCI that's the problem).

I want to control things on this circuit using my computer interface
(currently a CM11A but I'll probably buy a CM15A soon).

Can I put a transceiver (like the RR501) on the circuit, on the far side of
the GFCI, send radio signals to the transceiver from my CM11A/CM15A, and
have the transceiver send those signals via X10 to other X10 devices on that
circuit (simple lamp controllers)?  Is that the whole point of the name
"transceiver", or am I just having an extraordinarily dense night?

Thanks!
Chris