Re: Simple IR extender.......

John Morley wrote:

> I've got a wall-mounted TV in the bedroom, and a cable box and DVD
> player hidden in one of the nightstands beside the bed. I'd like to
> mount an IR receiver next to the TV and then "repeat" the IR signal
> inside the nightstand to control the Cable box and DVD player. This can
> be wired as I have good access to both ends, and the ability to run
> cable. Everything I have found that appears to do this function has a
> lot of features I don't need. Is there a simple solution to this problem?

Look up a couple of threads to "Home IR Control" and you would find an
answer...

A simple and well performing solution is the Xantech 291-KIT/RP which
includes everything you need except the wire. Here is one link, but a
Google search on 291-KIT/RP will turn up others for less $$$.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=182-458