Re: Video cabling advice needed

In article <lq16t1h0tgokaq9ag3kqloduokp2vpnfob@xxxxxxx>,
sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
> > Hello.  I'm looking for guidance on a project I want to do.  I am new to
> > this type of thing, so I am need any tips or suggestions you have.
> >
> > I want to combine DVD, TiVo, satellite, and OTA antenna into one using a
> > modulator.  I would have about 4 coax runs to make to TVs, each 50 feet
> > or less in length.
>
> The ChannelPlus 5545 will do the job nicely.  I've sold a fair
> number of them to people with very similar needs.  The stereo
> unit is good but do you *really* need stereo at each TV set.  If
> the remote sets are TV only (ie, no separate speakers) the stereo
> imaging isn't going to be much anyway.  Personally, I'd go with
> the mono unit for remote, modulated sets and just feed stereo
> from your components directly into the receiver in the main
> listening room or home theater.
>
> I carry ChannelVision, too, but I have not tried their E4200.  T
> Their stuff is decent, but ChannelPlus is excellent.
>
> With just four 50-foot runs I'd go with just the modulator.  You
> shouldn't need the amplifier.
>
> The 5545 includes integrated IR control.  All you'll need is IR
> targets and emitters.
>
> If you want the penultimate solution, there's always the
> ChannelPlus  5558BID "Bi-directional RF Distribution Kit with
> 5-volt IR System".  The kit includes a 4-channel modulator, 8200
> series bi-directional signal amplifier, three IR targets
> (receivers) and two dual-head emitters.  To that you could add
> one more IR target to provide IR control from all four remote
> locations.
>
> Bear in mind that if your system includes 4 viewing locations but
> one of them is the primary listening room, you really only need
> three channels of modulation and IR targets for the same three
> locations.  The fourth location is where the equipment is and
> needs no IR target or modulator.
>
> As to blasting the IR signal, there's no need to worry.  The IR
> emitters can be placed directly on the components or, if you're
> the adventuresome type, inside the components.  Just watch out
> for stickers that say, "opening this box voids the warranty."
> Technically, such disclaimers are nonsense but you don't want to
> be the one to try to prove it in court. :^)
>
> If you need more help planning this out, give me a call.
>
> --

Thank you for the information.  Just what I was looking for!  I think I
have just one more question on the ChannelPlus products for now...

The 8200 amp comes in two flavors, a "BID" and an "HHR".  What is the
difference between the two?  The specs I saw looked the same for both, I
think, so I'm not sure what makes them different.

Thanks!