Re: Looking for Temp and humidity sensors

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:09:01 -0800, "Brett Griffin"
<bret.griffin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<KOmdnSdnWp90sF3eRVn-jA@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Yes, Modules would probably be a better descriptor, thanks for the
correction.

>Thanks I will take a look at the Aprilaire version?  Are there other
companies outside of automation companies?

Aprilaire isn't really an "automation" company. They make HVAC equipment
especially air cleaners, humidifiers and thermostats. For example they make
humidifiers that Carrier sells. They purchased Enerzone several years ago.
Enerzone made the Statnet communicating thermostats and Aprilaire adopted
their design and, importantly their ASCII protocol over RS-485.

Honeywell makes bare humidity sensors (the HIH series that I've written
about several times in comp.home.automation) and make/market a wide range of
HVAC and security equipment.

Dunno what Honeywell may have in the way of a non-propriety communicating
modules that isn't BACnet or LONWORKS -- the two principal open control
protocols for building HVAC control automation.  I assume that you don't
want to go 'there' because of costs -- but building automation equipment
(contrasted with home automation equipment) is not too different cost-wise
from Crestron and other high-end HA.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org