Re: Radio Broadcast for Home Automation?

There are a lot of ways to do this, depending on what exactly you want to
do.

The easiest way I can think of would be as easy as a relay board with your
sound card as the input and a relay selects the room for output (this is
simple and has a lot of limitations). Or perhaps a multichannel sound card,
but this would depend on your automation software and require an amp for
every channel (NCH Swift Sound makes a neat software package, Business Music
System, that is capable of handling multizone music and announcements, and
can be controlled from other software:
http://www.nch.com.au/bms/index.html ).

Next step up would be a matrix switch with multichannel output with as few
as two channels input, if for example you wanted announcement and music.

Multichannel / multizone audio distribution can get expensive pretty fast.

A professional multizone intercom device like this would work too:
http://www.barix.com/products/annuncicom_ip_network_intercom.html
(pretty cool, but also not cheap)

Most of the wireless music streamers I have seen are set up for control at
the client device, not the server. So you couldn't necessarily interrupt the
music to play an announcement (they are more like for streaming audio files,
than encoding and streaming live audio). There are live music streamers, but
these are more in the professional range and, again, multichannel gets
pretty expensive.