Re: Radio Broadcast for Home Automation?

"none" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Most of the wireless music streamers I have seen are set up for control at
>the client device, not the server.[...] There are live music streamers, but
>these are more in the professional range and, again, multichannel gets
>pretty expensive.

http://www.aaronsw.com/2002/howto/stream was interesting read... it
sounds simple enough the way he describes it. ;)

I think it would be almost trivial to just have two listeners on the
client side and mix the streams with equal volume... it's the silent
one stream while the other is playing that seems tricky....

Each client (room) would listen to a different priority port.
The main server would stream the main stream and each room sub-stream.
might be more cpu than you want to spend...

Maybe this is easy to do... I'm just the idea/concept man... I don't
know all the the technology that's out there... ;)

good luck!

--
May no harm befall you,
flip