Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 21:55:11 +0000, Rogue Petunia wrote:

> The thing is, I don't own the installation tools for cutting a custom length
> of quality cable and attaching connectors.  I don't want to buy Radio Shack
> RG6 and a hex crimper. That's how the interior wiring was fashioned to begin
> with 2 years ago, and if the wiring is the problem I want to fix it not just
> replicate it.

When I bought this house 20 years ago now, I had to put connectors on the
cheap RG6 cable they prewired with. I used the Radio shack cheap
connectors that were about a buck for a pack of 10. Cut and trimmed the
cable with a pair of dikes and crimped the connectors with a pair of
channel locks. They still work fine today. It aint brain surgery, just do
it right. Now, if someone used those screw on non crimp type that cost
more and aren't worth a crap....