Re: Best brand coax and F connector for HD cable?

Have a look at this tool and the associated F-connectors on the same
page:

http://www.smarthome.com/849301.HTML

I bought that tool, along with a few dozen of those connectors.
Worked really well so far (it's probably a water-proof connection).

Have a look at coax prices on this page:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/624/768.pdf

Here are the specs on the Beldon Duobond III:

http://www.belden.com/Master%20Catalog%20PDF/PDFS_links%20to%20docs/06_Coax/6.21.pdf

I think you're looking at P/N 9118 ($32 for 100 ft, $83 for 500 ft).

I'd go for Duobond 4 (quad shield) P/N 1189A which, for some reason,
is $27 for 100 ft.

This page has some Beldon specs:

http://bwcecom.belden.com/catalog/techinfo/TechTransfer.htm

A few years ago, I bought a box of Beldon 9060.  I did some research
and determined it was the best RG-6 available.  When I went to order
it, I think I was told it wasn't in production any more, but that
there were a few boxes left, and I got one.  I believe the graph in
the link above shows that the 9060 (95% braid, 2 foil shields) was the
best at shielding from external ambient noise.  If 9060 is really no
longer available, you might want to look at 9058, 9056 or the 1189A.

Here's another Belden link:

http://bwcecom.belden.com/College/Cable101/coaxrefc.pdf

You might want to look at some RG-6 plenum cable with good shielding
(90% and more) on that page.