Xantech IR extenders.

I am interested in knowing more about the different Xantech IR
extenders.

Can anyone explain the differences between the CPL10 RF/IR Coupler and
the INJ94 RF/IR Injector / CPL94B RF/IR Coupler.

I have a Media Center Edition MCE computer in one room but the Dual
Tuner Satellite Set Top Box STB that provides the signal is in a
different room and due to wiring I can't easily put the two together. I
have COAX going from the STB to the MCE computer.

The MCE needs to be able to send IR commands to the STB in order to
change channel etc. My initial thought was to use an pyramid style IR
extender which would mean sticking the blaster cable onto the IR sensor
of the transmitter and putting the receiver in front of the STB. This
should work but I have not heard great things about these devices.

I have seen some people mention Xantech products but am unable to find
easy information on which units I would need.

The MCE uses a mono headphone type adaptor for the IR blaster cable
which I believe is similar to Tivo. Ideally I would like to take a male
to male cable from the MCE box and plug straight into a Xantech COAX
distribution transmitters sending the signal back up the COAX to a
receiver where I could plug the actual IR Blaster cable in and attach
to the STB.

Is this possible?

If so which devices do I need.
Two CPL10 RF/IR Coupler's seems to take a mono mini plug but does not
do voltage input which I suspect is needed.

INJ94 RF/IR Injector / CPL94B RF/IR Coupler seems to take a stereo mini
plug so I do not know how I would connect my MCE computer to it.

If you need more information please let me know as I am new to all this.