Re: Some questions from a HAI Newbie

The older Omni communicates to Homeseer via a serial port.  The newer ones
Omni II, has both serial and network interfaces available.

Yes, The PC version seems to be the same as the Dealer program but with some
functions turned off.  Just depends on how much time you are willing to
stand in front of the console going through menus a number of times to get
the info added.   The PC version makes much of that easier but myself I am
glad I got the Dealer version.

The Omni can also be used to send X10 commands from Homeseer to the
powerline through the TW523 and the same for the Ocelot.   I have a couple
of functions that work better using the Ocelot than with the Omni or
Homeseer.  The Ocelot has the ability to learn and send IR as well as X10 so
I find the combination of the three, a good complete home automation system.

Take a visit and see what I have done here and see what you think.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens
As appeared on HGTV
 and in Home Automation, Kentucky Living magazines

Have some fun and come visit and turn my lights on and off.

Over 10,000 visitors since January 2005
Over 25,000 since May 2003