Re: Reed Switch for Garage Door

Here's how I do it. First, we have 3 single garage doors so only the
door for the particular car leaving/arriving operates. If I take the car
that I drive exclusively, the operation is automatic as it is valid to
assume that 99.99% of time I'm the one driving.  It forwards when I
leave and cancels when I return. I look for the door to open and close.
If it stays open for more than 3 minutes it is ignored as the assumption
is that I'm keeping the door open for other reasons.

For the door that has the Jeep that either my wife or I might use, the
operation is the same except that, instead of forwarding, Stargate calls
and asks me to dial '#' to confirm I want forwarding set. I ignore the
call if it's my wife using it or dial '#' if I'm leaving. SG hangs up
and then does the forwarding.  If I'm already gone with the other car it
doesn't call me.  When the Jeep returns home SG call and asks if I want
to cancel CF.

Our trash (YES Frank, we do have trash in Paradise but no place to put
it) isn't kept in the garage but the timeout or callback features I
mentioned would handle that.  Overall reliability has been excellent
with very few mistakes over the last 4 years I've had it this way.