Re: How to turn on a light across a room without a wire?

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:45:13 +0000, Dan Lanciani wrote:

> Now if you could live with having the other lamp turn on but not off
> with the wall switch (you would have to turn it off with some other
> remote)

Even cheaper, if you can live with using a remote for on and off, would be
in the WalMart Christmas section; our local WalMart has keyfob-type remote
controlled power strips for about $9.  Not sure about the power rating,
but considering how many people use floodlights for Christmas stuff, I
can't imagine it's not at least 100W.