Re: X10 and Linux

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:52:01 -0600, Gerald wrote:

> Morning all.
>
> New to this NG. Was semi-active on the X10 forums for a bit but "forums"
> in general kind of annoy me. Hard to "pick up where you left off" if you
> go away for a few weeks.
>
> OK, here's what I've got going on. I'd like to be able to use one of my
> Linux machines to control my X10 setup. BUT, I want to send/receive RF and
> only RECEIVE PLC (to be able to see status reports from 2 way modules).
>
> I do not want to ever send PLC signals. I have a V572AB set up along with
> a phase couple in a dedicated box connected to a set of breakers directly
> in my main breaker panel outside. The V572 does all of my PLC signal
> sending and does it quite well. I can operate the system with a slimfire
> keychain remote from well over 100' away inside the cab of my truck (not
> exactly sure how far away because I can't see my house lights from further
> up the road and I haven't walked it off).
   <remainder deleted>

I was just wondering how you get PLC status reports from 2-way modules
without sending PLC status requests?  AFAIK the V572AB has no capability
for doing that.

In any case, Heyu (http://www.heyu.org) can receive your PLC signals
with a CM11A and act on them, and can transmit RF with a CM17A.  (No RF
receiving yet.)