Re: X10 and Linux

In general, I don't help people who are using illegal devices like the
receiver you are using.

Since you are using Linux and only want to send RF, look at some of the
simple IR hardware suggested for use on a serial port with LIRC. You can
toggle one of the handshaking lines fast enough, enabling you to send a
baseband signal to an RF transmitter (such as the daughterboard in any of
the X-10 universal remotes except Lola & RemoteWonder which use 418MHz).
I'll leave the rest to you since, to be legal, this needs to be "home
built".

You could even send the IR signal since neither the transmitter nor the
receiver will be able to switch at the carrier frequency. The end result
will be the same as if you sent baseband.

As I noted earlier, the Ninja codes are documented on my web page. There is
also a link to X-10's documentation for the CM17A which lists ~99.44% of the
standard RF codes.

Once I get roZetta finished and an online store set up, I have about 75
310MHz SAW controlled 4-pin transmitters that were special ordered from
Taiwan that I'll offer for sale. I probably will not reorder once the batch
I have is gone. Aside from being 310MHz, they look like the first one shown
here...

     http://www.futurlec.com/Radio.shtml

http://davehouston.net