Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

Mike wrote:

> Joerg <notthisjoergsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>>Ours still flashes 12:00 after an outage. X10 let us down here: We
>>bought the X10 universal remote and on the picture it had a "Menu"
>>button in the lower left. When I unpacked it I discovered that it had a
>>"Guide" button in that space and no menu button. Hence we cannot program
>>the clock or anything else at all except by unplugging again and holding
>>some magic buttons on the VCR itself. Its original remote had died.
>>
>>Tried dozens of VCR codes in the booklet and none turns that useless
>>guide button into menu mode :-(
>

> Take a learning remote programmed to your VCR to a store that sells
> VCRs made by the same manufacturer as your old one. Get permission to
> see if the new ones respond to your remote. If they do then teach your
> remote the Menu function from their remote.

Most stores around here don't have the remotes in the showroom. Probably
they have a way of "vanishing" when nobody is looking. Seems like some
don't even have VCRs enaymore.

I could most likely get a better universal remote at Walmart, one that
does have a menu button. I was just very surprised that the X10 remote
didn't have that. It's kind of important.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com