Re: No more X10 at Radio Shack?

"Bill Kearney" <wkearney99@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:ZsCdnWI0Ya84UezYnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> That a military transmitter might've interferred with a crappy garage door
> opener, again, does nothing to address the underlying disaster that is
X10.

So in your assessment of the situation, garage door openers used reliably by
millions of people are crappy because the military chose to use the same
frequency for some of their equipment.  What if the military chose to use
the RadioRa frequency?  If that caused interference, would that put RadioRa
into the crappy arena too?  Regardless of what frequency a system uses, I
can design another system using that frequency that will render it useless.

Back east a local radio station with a very strong signal was often blocked
for hours at a time.  The FCC said that happens in an industrial area, and
were not at all interested in pursuing the issue.

The basic problem that is we design with the information available at the
time.  Unfortunately, in this technology driven environment, things change.
Some of us choose to deal with change by working the problems.

Jeff