Re: doorbell camera/intercom

"Dan Lanciani" <ddl@danlan.*com> wrote in message
news:1335257@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> In article <jKmdnbvuYYHo2uzYnZ2dnUVZ_o2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>, sales@comcast +
> net (Robert L Bass) writes:
> | I received the manual from Aiphone.  In it were some low res images
> which
> | I've inserted in the product page on my site.  Unfortunately, Aiphone
> seems
> | to have made this unit with industrial sites in mind.  With a little
> | ingenuity you could probably fit it into a bezel to give it a more
> pleasing
> | appearance for residential use.  Hre's a link:
> |
> | http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/aiphone_lessv_88366_prd1.htm
>
> I have nothing against the stainless steel look; however, it seems to
> be a bit wider and somewhat deeper than the Channel Vision version.  That
> could be a negative.  Also the camera requires a lot more light.  Even
> the Channel Vision unit might be too big for one location; I'll know
> better when I have the one I ordered in hand.  By the way, do you sell
> the Channel Vision DP units?

Yes, everything they make.  I can check my Monday if you like.  I haven't
installed any ChannelVision intercoms so I can't speak for their quality.
I've installed lots of Aiphone though and it's excellent.  Didn't you use
Aiphone system at your previous home some years ago?

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics