Re: Home Theatre Macros

Lewis Gardner <lgardner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If you work with consumer IR you should get to know JP-1.

I'm long familiar with it but not as impressed as you are. I should have
written "button definitions" rather than "button sequences" because
remembering which macro is assigned to which button is the difficulty,
especially for those of us who now have trouble recalling what we had for
breakfast.

I suspect most people would find a Pronto (or similar touchscreen) both
easier to program and easier to operate although not as easy to pay for.
Refurbed Prontos get into a much better price range - I paid about $100 for
a refurbed TS-1000 (to which I added X-10 RF) and about $175 for a refurbed
TSU-3000 (which has native RF but requires a 418MHz receiver with something
like the BX24-AHT or roZetta).

Just yesterday the author of ZBasic modified one of the ZBasic functions to
make it much simpler to handle multiple IR and RF code types which, along
with a wide-band IR receiver (e.g. TSOP1100), will make these types of
things much easier for DIY types with future releases of ZBasic.

http://davehouston.net