Re: I think they've done it again

On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 21:14:48 GMT, nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Dave Houston) wrote
in message  <44cf7250.1161001265@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Re: I think they've done it again

Done what? Start not one, not two, not three, but FOUR threads on this
topic as Dave has done so as to parrot misinformation and wallow in
schadenfreude ?

It is clear to me that Dave has only a second-hand, partial, qualitative,
hypothetical understanding of TRIAC-based dimmer design and that he has
swallowed the equally naive speculation of the neophyte he quotes.

Appended below my signature is the useful information that _ought_ to have
been passed on in my opinion.

Specifically, that:

1) The simple fix is in
2) It is immediately available
3) with free shipping both ways
4) no need to return the old dimmers first

The fix consists in increasing the choke inductance on the output (as I
discussed before in this newsgroup) and will doubtless have the additional
benefit of further cleaning up the noise that TRIAC's create (as I wrote
before).

A tempest in a teapot for the self-gratification of a few.

.... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org