Re: Wheelchair proximity detection

"Internode" <somewhere@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>What is you floor made of? Could you put a IR transmitter into the floor
>shining upwards?

IR seems like the obvious answer to me too but wouldn't it be much
easier and more effective to put the transmitter on the chair?  It's
low-power, only triggers with the chair, and it can be directional so
that it only triggers when the chair is aimed at the door.

IR is so cheap and easy to use that I would expect it to be used for
lots of other applications after the initial need is satisfied.

--kyler