Re: X10 Passive Couplers

"Ross" <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:eblt30$1gp8$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Jeff,
>
> Any plans for a 240 Volt, 50 Hertz version of the XTB for those of us
> outside the US?

I revised the printed circuit board to give room to squeeze in the higher
voltage capacitors needed for 240V operation.  I assembled a 240V version
myself, but had trouble testing it.  It's a long story, but the trouble was
due to my test configuration.  Unfortunately, a clip lead popped off during
testing and carbonized a good portion of that board.  I will assemble
another 240V unit, but will have to devise a different means to test it in
my 120V environment.

The biggest problem with the present XTB is that the case has the standard
120V North American plug molded directly into it.  Polycase doesn't list an
alternate case with mounting bosses positioned to accept present XTB board.

If the XTB-II comes to fruition, it will be in a larger case without the
built-in plug.  So it will be easy to wire in the appropriate connector for
240V operation.

A well-known European contributor to this group assembled his own 240V
version.  It appears some of our email has been lost - possibly blocked by
spam filters.  I hope to get further results from him soon.

Bottom line is that it is being worked on.  More info about the conversion
is included near the end of the XTB Assembly Notes at:
http://jeffvolp.home.att.net/xtb_files.htm

Jeff