Re: UPnP in home automation and the technology trend?

The othe big gotcha is that UPnP is really only useful for PC level
products, or fairly powerful smaller devices. It's a large and complex
standard that depends on a lot of high level functinality like having to
have a full XML parser and a few other XML related technologies. That's just
not going to happen in a light switch any time soon probably. So it's not
very universal due to pure size and complexity if for no other reason.

Dean Roddey
Chairman/CTO, Charmed Quark Systems
www.charmedquark.com