Re: Touch Screen, anyone?

"scorpion" <michael.shmulenson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Has anyone introduced a touch screen into their home automation system?
> I am considering adding a small lcd screen into my living room.   Does
> anyone have any experience with Xenarc, Dynamix, Lillliput screens?  I
> am thinking about 7" or 8" models.  Photos of existing installations
> would be helpful.

Dear Scorpion,

(I feel like I'm staring in a bad action movie or something, calling a dude
Scorpion.)

I have an 8" lilliput screen in my home, and so far have been very pleased
with it. Was able to find a replacement touch membrane when I broke the
original one, and the software tha comes with it is good once you figure out
how to get it installed. It has things like multi-point calibration, a
right-click mode, adjustable double-click area forgiveness, etc.

All in all a good deal, I thought.

Pictures at www.leedickinson.com/projects

E. Lee Dickinson
Entertainment Design and Technology