Re: Controlling thermostat over the web

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 05:56:22 -0400, Don Wiss
<donwiss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Aug 2006, shb*NO*SPAM*@comporium.net (Si Ballenger) wrote:
>
>>If you really want to be simple and inexpensive, You can make a
>>servo based controller like below and control it over the
>>internet.
>>
>>http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/t-stat.htm
>
>Too simple. I do expect a seven day schedule with four periods per day.

If your computer has a scheduling application that can run
applications at the desired times, then it can control the servo
when desired. If your computer is connected to the internet, the
servo can be controlled over the internet if desired. This is
more geared for DIY types that like to save $$$.