Controlling thermostat over the web

I don't want any fancy home control system. I now have two Carrier
thermostats that ConEd supplied to me that have web control. In return for
getting these they are allowed to cycle off my compressor. The problem is
they cycle everybody off equally. I purposedly put in an undersized unit on
the roof. I'd rather it be dry and not cold and clammy. But with ConEd
cycling it off my temperature stays in the mid-80s. So they have to go.

Carrier has this model:
http://www.residential.carrier.com/products/controls/infinity.shtml

Which states it has remote access for Internet. You can't get much
information on it from Carrier. It is new and the reps don't know much. And
they like to steer you to you dealer for any technical questions.

Are there any other options?