Re: RFID for HA

On 19 Apr 2006 19:36:59 GMT, Dan Lanciani wrote:
> In article <isma42pptosqae4e01qs6egr037j0n8b1a@xxxxxxx>, MFHult@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Marc F Hult) writes:

>| Dunno about any uptime counter. Wouldn't surprise me that this would be a
>| feature added by one of the several (many?) alternative firmwares.
>
> If it has snmp at all I'll bet the counter is already there.  It's one
> of the basics.

Hi Dan,
I can only give you my opinion on the Linksys firmware because I don't
remember seeing any mention of it (seems to be typical of low end
routers). The 3rd party firware has support for SNMP (and not just
uptime). I'm currently running OpenWRT on my WRT54G, WRT54GL and
Netgear WGT634U. All have SNMP support with OpenWRT.

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               Backup site