Re: TV Lift

"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

> I've uploaded a few more:  www.leedickinson.com/projects
>
> no. 4 is closer up, watching TV.
>
> no. 5 shows inside the screen cabinet. Note all the spare connectors on
the
> screen for audio, composite video, etc. I'm thinking of cutting those off,
> though I'm hesitant to destroy the breakout cable. If I were doing this in
> pro install, I'd build a wooden conduit  box to match the cabinetry.
Because
> of stud locations, I had to dogleg mine over to the right, as you can see.

I've been thinking about putting a flat screen in the kitchen.  We already
have a little 13" CRT TV with a fairly good set of PC speakers that's gotten
a lot more use than I would have thought.  Once you get used to being able
to watch TV, listen to music and or monitor the house CCTV it's hard to go
back.  I've tried to sell my folks on CCTV for their house, but it's not in
their instruction set, I'm afraid.

> no. 6 and 7 are the lower cabinets, one with the PC and one with most of
the
> cabling. 6 is a corner cabinet. Took me a while to find a PC case that fit
> perfectly. My first microATX machine!

I've built a miniITX machine for a similar project.  Boy are those cases
crowded.  I had to take it apart three times just to get the cables into
position - so many things had to be looped under so many other things or the
cables had to be attached to the headers before installing some other
component.  What I like best is that for $60 (after rebates) I got an
external USB DVD burner so I can really bury the CPU unit and only have the
DVD drive concealed in a false cabinet bottom or someplace else very
accessible.

>7 shows the cables coming in through
> the adjascent drawer unit.

What's the round white thing with the fins in picture 6?  It looks like a
collander.

--
Bobby G.