Re: Low Voltage Lighting transformer problem

In article <Xns97B17B1D27294vaj4088ianshef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Shef
<invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>I suspect that something else is wrong.  I don't know what gauge wire
>corresponds to 1.5mm^2, but if you were expecting 300 mV drop on ordinary
>lighting wire at 50 Hz, there shouldn't be that much more at 125KHz.

It turned out it was down to frequency - if you're interested there's an
interesting thread on uk.d-i-y, same subject as this. Someone gave the
maths showing a 6V drop at 125kHz

I've now fitted 50Hz toroids and all working great

So a lesson learned for me - watch out for high frequency transformers!

Cheers
--
Ben Mack
Watchfront Electronics - Bespoke R&D - http://www.watchfront.co.uk/