Re: Standalone remote monitoring devices

I use a "Sling Media Box" for this application.
I can view my home video cameras from any internet computer in the
world in real time 10-20 fps  ( okay there is a 5 second time la
g )  The sling box also alows remote control of a local IR device
inyour howse. This could be brideged with a transmogrifier to run x-10
devices.

If the power fails the device reboots itself reliably when the power
returns.
And I can view it on my cell phone

cost about $200 on ebay