Re: 1-wire to USB converter that can use 1820s directly

http://www.electronickits.com/kit/complete/meas/ck110.htm

>> The problem is that
>> http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=108
>> implys that you cant just add a swag of 1820s in parallel to
>> http://www.hobby-boards.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1503

Here's a third, choice that solves the multiple string problem.
This assembled board is available for ~$55 via PayPal from Dr. Peter
Anderson

http://www.phanderson.com/iom135.html

I have one and can recommend.

It is designed to read and control *eight* strings ("runs") of 1-wire
temperature, dual 32-bit counters and  quad-input 12-bit analog input
devices.

Nothing else comes close to the versatility and low cost -- and for a good
cause (helps Dr Anderson's students).  Dr Anderson also sells many other
devices including a USB -> RS-232 converter if you need it.
www.phanderson.com

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org