Smarthome Lamplinc and local control

I am using the Smarthome Lamplinc (2000SHL) and have noticed that
after a power outage it remembers the X10 address but forgets other
settings such as local control (which I like to leave on) and preset
dim level (which I always keep at 100%).  It seems to want to reset
to local control = off and preset dim = resume which is annoying.

Has anyone had any luck opening these things up and jumping leads
together to "lock in" certain behaviors?

With Smarthome focusing more and more on Insteon I want to stock up on
the "classic" X10 modules so I figure now is a good time to be asking
questions like this.

Thanks.

 Richard S. Smith / Email: rss@xxxxxxxxx / Web: http://www.rssnet.org/