Re: Insteon - WOW

Dave Houston wrote:
> An ESM1 _might_ confirm whether it's a signal strength issue. I say "might"
> because my ESM1 seemed to report a higher level than what I could see on my
> scope through ACT's Scope-Test 2 so I'm not sure whether to trust the level
> indication. It is OK for detecting presence or absence of the Insteon
> signal.
>
> Are the scheduled events stored in the PowerLinc interface? It has a
> software RTC but it is not battery backed so might be prone to losing its
> time setting. I think the LED on the PowerLinc will flash if its RTC needs
> setting.
>
> "Mitch" <sumcoolgai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks, Dave...

The events aren't stored in the PowerLinc.  The Indigo software on the
Mac doesn't support that yet (in case you start taking your PC for granted).

The signal is there sometimes because I haven't had any problems
switching the light on... just off.  Also, it only seems to happen at
night.  I can sit at the Mac and tell the light to go on/off all day and
not be able to reproduce the problem.

It's hard for me to believe the software could be the cause of this
since the schedules we have defined in it are VERY few and simple right now.

The problem is a lot like what I have in a "remote" bathroom in my house
using X10.  At night, I turn the light off and the night light on with
HomeSeer, but sometimes one (or both) commands don't get through.  I
keep meaning to put in another booster somewhere, but have been too lazy
to get around to it.

Mitch