Re: Z-WAVE question

Dennis wrote:
> Frank,
>
> I am no doubt a sole mate to him.  I want to be able to monitor, check,
> and verify, everything! <GRIN.  The relay approach is a reliable work
> around, but I was really hoping the current two-way communication
> capabilities of control devices would make such work around un-needed.

I agree, but at this point in time such communications require
interfacing between two (and often more) different manufacturers.  We
investigated a number of different available technologies and since this
customer placed a greater emphasis on reliability, we opted for the
solution I described.  I am keeping a close watch on developments with
companies like Elk.