Re: Structured Wiring Hub Layout

Using a metal box helps avoid the inevitable.  When inside a closet having a
cover over the stuff helps avoid it getting disrupted by things like a broom
being crammed in there with it.

You don't *have* to use the proprietary mounting brackets.  It's a box and
sheetmetal screws work just as well on it as anywhere else.  I've got a
channelmaster box and have mounted things my own way without their
overpriced brackets.  The cover on the box means it's not going to get
screwed up WHEN someone puts the wrong stuff near it.

Put up a 3/4" plywood backer.  Then mount a metal box on it.  Either pull
the wires in through the top/bottom or through the backer.  If you want
'nice and neat' you can pull 'em inside the wall studs and then in through
the back of the box or just near the top.  But most folks can 'live with'
pulling them into the top/bottom/side of the box.

Just make sure you don't bend wires any tighter than required.  Coax needs
room to sweep a curve so don't forget to accomodate that in the planning.

-Bill Kearney