Re: Battery Boxes...What One Company Designed

Thanks for the responses so far...

In answer to some of the questions, I could use the battery box just
the way it is.

There is no corrosion to the box and all the parts, cables and such are
there and all functional.

FWIW....I tend to be someone who tries to make something better than it
was. The mods I have mentioned are ones that can be done with little
effort.

I will be using it for emergency power backup with an eye towards
alternative power generation as this project evolves.

As for voltages, since I don't have a alternative ppwer system I am
open to what voltage the battery box will be wired for. From what I
see, it seems that the voltages that alternative home power (AHP) is
using is slowly creeping up. The battery box holds eight batterys...6v
or 12v...so there is a range of voltages that can be used. As it was
wired, it was for 12v at 200amps.

Again, any suggestions are welcomed.

TMT....already looking for that next hood ornament ;<)