Re: Can a PC change a VCR channel?

On 17 Sep 2005 07:14:06 -0700, needin4mation@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

>Thanks.  That's exactly what I wanted.  But $55?  That's insane.  I'll
>just buy a TV Tuner card!

A TV tuner card probably won't do what you want either unless you
know some tricks. If you can solder, you can hack your IR remote
to do a simple channel up button push (see link below). If you
really like tinkering, then you could hack the IR remote to do
all the button pushes via computer, but it would be much easier
to just get the USB UIRT.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/irmods.htm