Re: Harmony Remote supports Zwave

> So unless Monster is going to make Z-Wave enabled A/V
> Processors and such, I can't see how they expect to really
> control a home theater via this scheme.

I can.  Controlling a home theater or even a multi-room audio /
video system requires very little bandwidth.  There are only a
few command strings needed and communications only occur when you
want something to change.

An HT system might need commands for System On/Off, Source
Select, Volume Up/Down, Transport Controls (RW, Play, Pause, FF,
Stop, Select) and such.  It would be trivial to teach a Zwave
enabled interface device to send IR or wired-in commands to most
conventional HT gear upon receipt of specific Zwave radio
signals.

Remember, you don't need to send audio or video via Zwave -- only
the commands to operate the gear.  With Intel developing a Zwave
compatible µProcessor it may be only a year or two before we see
Zwave enabled PCs.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass