Re: Grommets for 1 1/2 inch central wiring

On 20 Sep 2005 12:01:31 -0700, google@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry to ask such a lame question, but does anyone know where I can
> purchase some rubber grommets (5 to 10, not 1000+) in a 1.5 diameter so
> I can  protect the wiring coming into the structred wiring box?  (My
> knockouts are nice and sharp!
>
> I tried the local Home Depot, Lowes, OSH , they only carry very small
> size grommets.

The thing you want is also called a "bushing" and they're
available in various sizes at most electrical supply houses.  ELK
Products (which I sell online) offers a bag of them as part
number ELK-SWD1.  Here's a picture link:
http://www.elkproducts.com/images/swd-donut-bw.jpg

They're not very expensive but you can buy the same thing for
less almost anywhere electrical supplies are sold.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms