Re: Grommets for 1 1/2 inch central wiring

<google@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Sorry to ask such a lame question, but does anyone know where I can
> purchase some rubber grommets (5 to 10, not 1000+) in a 1.5 diameter so
> I can  protect the wiring coming into the structred wiring box?  (My
> knockouts are nice and sharp!
>
> I tried the local Home Depot, Lowes, OSH , they only carry very small
> size grommets.

Here's a trick I often use on larger holes.  Strip out some LVT (I usually
use an exacto knife to slice the insulation along the ground wire between
the two conductors).  Cut off enough to "fit" around your hole and position
the insulation so that the "slit" is against the metal edge of the hole.
You can then "pack" it on and it'll stay there until doomsday.