Re: CCTV Modulation Wiring

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:20:56 -0400, "Armond Perretta"
<newsgroupreader@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<E-mdnUa4UeVVSbfeRVn-hA@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Robert L Bass wrote:

>>> So if I connect 4 cameras to a quad splitter, than run the output
>>> through a single-channel modulator to the ChannelPlus distro amp,
>>> that will work?
>>>
>>> Is there a single box that will do this or is the above the simplest?
>>
>> There is a better solution which will allow you to select
>> whichever camera you want to watch from any TV.  ChannelPlus
>> makes some excellent 4-channel modulators.
>
>I already have a ChannelPlus 5545 modulator feeding VCRs and DVDs to the
>ChannelPlus distro amp "B" port.  I am trying to get all 4 CCTV cameras to
>display via the distro amp on a single channel, and I am trying to do it as
>simply (and inexpensively) as possible.
>
>Speco has a quad splitter in the $130 range and a single-channel modulator
>in the $80 range that seem OK.  Comment?

One hardware device that will do what you want is called a "multiplexor",

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=multiplexor

FWIW, some of us from comp.home.automation  recently bought used 16-channel
Samsung video multiplexors for $99. I am pleased with mine.

HTH ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.econtrol.org