Re: Wanted: Source for tiny audio amps that use DC power

In article <M6GdnXL1NKLB2cneRVn-rg@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Jack Edin <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello gang!
>
> I received advice from an engineer today.
>
> He suggested I use a bunch of separate amplifiers instead of one larger one.
>
> This way I can set the level in each room.
>
> I want to run them off of 12 volts DC.
>
> "No problem", he said... "Use car amps!"
>
> I want small size. Pack of cigarettes?
>
> They can be stereo, or mono at this point.
>
> I want to put them into a structured wiring box, or hang 'em on the wall.
>
> Low wattage. (Real watts RMS) I could probably make due with 10-watts
> per channel.
>
> Elk Products makes their Elk-800 10-watt Audio Amplifier. This is almost
> ideal...
>
> Anybody know where I can get a bargain, as I'm gonna buy a few of these...?
>
> And I prefer the car amp idea as they are often all metal chassis that I
> can possible blow across with a fan for cooling.

Are you up to making them? Easy with National's IC amplifier chips. Any
wattage you want up to about a hundred, depending on which device you
choose.

Everything you need to know is in their excellent application notes, and
you can get those online.

Not an employee, just a very satisfied user.

Isaac