HA software suggestions

Hey folks. I'm helping my parents to set up a basic HA system for their new
house. It will be primarily for controlling lighting via dimmers,
lamp/appliance modules, and a few in line modules. Probably a total of about
20 or so receiver modules in the system. At some point, I'd like to automate
their A/V system. Their house is wired for distributed audio and this will
likely be a fairly simple system with volume controls wired in J-Boxes and
speakers in the ceiling. They are technically competent but not savy and so
I'd like to set up a fairly robust system for them based on the following:

SmartHome SwitchLinc dimmers (probably the basic units), X10 compatible.
Leviton InLine Modules
X10 or RadioShack lamp and appliance modules
RF receiver (Leviton?) for all housecodes
RF remote (Leviton or X10 5 in 1?)
SmartHome PowerLinc USB
SmartHome repeater (the kind that fits into a dryer 220V outlet and repeats
the signal across both legs of the 220V).

They've already gotten a few lamp modules, dimmers, the RF remote (and
receiver) from an ActiveHome kit. They also have a couple of SwitchLincs I
picked up for them and a PowerLinc USB controller I purchased for them. This
came with SmartHome software, which I find cumbersome on my own system. I'd
like to get them some software to run all of this stuff that is easy to use
and fairly user friendly. Any suggestions?

Also, anything I'm forgetting that we should install for future upgrades? My
dad is really excited about getting his new house all tricked out with HA
stuff, so I'd like to help him out.

Thanks...

Craig