Re: confused about x10 switch choices

In article <oq0ql1hhq6m0al38gukrdvvaosjnjcr4ir@xxxxxxx>,
 William_F <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd just like to be able to replace the switch on an
> incandescent ceiling light, controlled by one switch, I don't care
> whether I can dim it or not.  I'd also like the switch to look like as
> "normal" as possible, not one of those fat button x-10 switches.  I've
> narrowed my search down to the Togglelinc, an example can be seen
> here: http://www.smarthome.com/23895w.html

Yes, I believe that would be your best choice. After having many X-10
brand switches self-destruct over the years, I recently went to
ToggleLincs, and for the most part they do very well.

Just note that if people in your house are already used to X-10
pushbuttons, the may have a little trouble getting used to flicking a
pseudo-toggle up or down instead of pushing in a button.

If they've never used anything but traditional toggles, then the
ToggleLlinc is still a little different, because it snaps back to the
center position instead of staying up or down.

--
Dan Wilga          dwilga-MUNGE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Remove the -MUNGE in my address to reply **