Re: Audio / Video Distribution

In comp.home.automation, wkearney99 wrote:
>> I am in the process of putting all my audio and video equiptment into one
>> room of my house and distribute throughout the house from there. I
>> understand most of the equiptment needed, but need help on suggestion of
>the
>> distribution unit that all units plug into and distribute audio and video
>> through the house. Also, a suggestion, is it better to setup as wireless
>> control or wired control?
>
>Wired works.  Wireless has trouble dealing with older construction,
>interference and lack of effective bandwidth.  For a single user WiFi works
>great, but crank out multiple sound or video streams and it really bogs
>down.

I think he was asking about wireless control rather than distribution.
However I agree with what you write. I learned the lesson about
interference soon after installing a WiFi network for audio control -
the first time I used the microwave oven, in fact. And I certainly
wouldn't want to use WiFi for AV distribution, unless it was absolutely
impossible to run wires.

--
Mike Barnes