Re: pir motion sensor

I assume you are talking about the wire-in switch replacement motion
sensors.  There are units designed to switch inductive loads, but they cost
considerably more than the ones for just incandescent loads.  We have
several of the discontinued Leviton 6775, which work great.  You can read
about the current model here:

http://www.levitonproducts.com/catalog/dept_id_691/model_ODS10-ID.htm

They can be picked up for about $50, and sometimes much cheaper on eBay.

Jeff