Re: Audio Video Distribution Questions

> I know there's a way to convert an a-bus signal into line-level rca for
> audio. I could probably do that to get audio to the TV. Now my question
> is with video. I would have to hook the coax to the back of the TV to
> get the cable feed and then use some form of converter to change the
> rca outputs from the CAV6.6 into coax or ethernet to be sent to the
> room and then convert it back again... right?

Only if your TV can't take video input.  The CAV distributes video, not RF.
Plug the cable RF into the TV like usual.  Then plug the CAV signals into
the TV's video and l/r audio jacks.  Assuming, of course, that you're using
a line-level adapter on the audio.

There's no A-Bus involved here.  That's a whole other thing.

Then when you want to jump between RF cable and the CAV signal you just
change the 'input' source on the TV.  Most TVs do this with a "TV/Video"
button on the remote.

No converters involved.

And if you've got digital cable then you'd, of course, have to attach the
cable box to the incoming digital cable signal and then into the TV.  Either
via RF or feed the video from the CAV into the digital cable box and use
it's input mode switcher.

> My other option is to convert A-Bus to rca audio in the distribution

Again, where's A-Bus here?  That's not how the CAV66 sends things around.
There are 4 A-bus slave ports but they're not how the main 6 zones handle
things.

> What is the best design to get live cable and a signal from the CAV6.6
> to each room if I don't want to have in-wall speakers? Please detail
> the different converters I would need to use to utilize the RG6 and
> Cat5e runs to each room (I think that's where I'm stuck).

I already explained this.  What might not be clear is you have TWO sets of
coax going into the room.  One is for the cable's own signal and the other
is for the CAV66 video.  What might be confusing to you is the CAV's video
signal is a regular video signal, not an RF modulated one.  You need the
right wall plate connections of course.

-Bill Kearney