Re: Automated front door lock?

Bob,

I use Kwikset locks on all my doors. They came with the house.

So I bought a Kwikset keyless entry deadbolt.

I was able to get it rekeyed to match everything else...

The remote is not IR, but RF - which is better.

Also it uses the rolling-codes so nobody can sniff your remote...

It is compatible with my Genie garage door opener, which also uses RF
and rotating codes...

I then modified the keyfob to be driven by relays. 3 of them... 1 for
lock, 1 for unlock, and 1 for garage-toggle.

Now my mighty M1 HA/Alarm can control it...

I can lock or unlock (or open/close the garage) from any keypad.
The doors lock automatically when the alarm's exit timer has expired.

As such I can unlock through the Elk M1's web interface as well.

Cool beans!!

You can probably find them elsewhere, but eBay is easy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-KWIKSET-MAXIMUM-KEYLESS-ENTRY-SYSTEM-DEADBOLT_W0QQitemZ6006018177QQcategoryZ41978QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Good luck, and enjoy!

Jack
:)